AT&T Voicemail Viewer makes it easier to stay on top of your voice and fax messages (if available) wherever you go.
Before you use AT&T Voicemail Viewer, you will need to be sure that you have first set-up your AT&T Unified Messaging (SM), AT&T U-verse® Voicemail or AT&T Corporate Voice Mail (SM) mailbox.
The AT&T Voicemail Viewer application is available for the following BlackBerry smartphones with specified software versions (collectively, with the operating system, "OS"):
- BlackBerry devices running the supported software versions below with a compatible Internet Browser (Browser), Short Messaging Service (SMS) from AT&T and a data plan from AT&T.
- Model 9900 4G (OS 184.108.40.2066) - BlackBerry® Bold™
- Model 9860 4G (OS 220.127.116.116) - BlackBerry® Torch™
- Model 9810 4G (OS 18.104.22.1683) - BlackBerry® Torch™
- Model 9360 3G (OS 22.214.171.1246) - BlackBerry® Curve™
- Model 9800 (OS 126.96.36.1995) - BlackBerry® Torch™
- Model 9700 (OS 188.8.131.525, 184.108.40.2066 and 220.127.116.118) - BlackBerry® Bold™
- Models 9000 (OS 18.104.22.1681 and OS 22.214.171.1244) - BlackBerry® Bold™
- Model 8820 (OS 126.96.36.199)
- Model 8310 (OS 188.8.131.52) - BlackBerry® Curve™
- Model 8110 (OS 184.108.40.206) - BlackBerry® Pearl
- Model 9100 (OS 220.127.116.111) - BlackBerry® Pearl 3G
- Model 9300 (OS 18.104.22.1685) - BlackBerry® Curve™ 3G
AT&T Voicemail Viewer works only with wireless service from AT&T. Voicemail Viewer does not work with all BlackBerry devices or all software versions.
Adding the AT&T Voicemail Viewer App to Your BlackBerry
You can use AT&T Voicemail Viewer application for both home and work accounts. As an AT&T home phone service customer, the AT&T Voicemail Viewer app makes it easier to stay on top of your AT&T Unified Messaging (SM) voicemail messages and fax messages (if available) or your AT&T U-verse® Voicemail voice messages directly from your BlackBerry. For Business AT&T Unified Messaging customers that have been authorized for BlackBerry access, the Voicemail Viewer app provides a convenient way to manage your corporate voicemail messages. Similar to looking at messages in your email inbox, Voicemail Viewer lists your messages, allowing you to choose the order in which you listen to them.
From the Internet on Your BlackBerry
- A compatible browser must be used to download the AT&T Voicemail Viewer application.
- Using a compatible Internet Browser (Browser) on your BlackBerry, close this Help window to return to the Smartphone and Desktop Applications web page on your BlackBerry (go to www.um.att.com/vmviewer).
- Select the "Get it now!" link and follow the instructions to download the application to include granting AT&T Voicemail Viewer trusted application status.
From BlackBerry App World on Your BlackBerry
- From your BlackBerry, go to the App World.
- Search for ATT Voicemail Viewer.
- Sign in to the App World, and download the application.
You will be notified of updates through the App World, whenever they become available.
Use the AT&T Voicemail Viewer Application on Your BlackBerry
Launch the application by selecting the application icon.
You cannot log in to the app until the mailbox has been initialized. If your mailbox is not initialized, you will be asked to follow the instructions to initialize.
Log into the app using your mailbox telephone number (your primary landline or secondary landline telephone number) and PIN.
If you use a sub or extension to the primary number, there are two ways you can log in:
- Use the sub or extension number (Example: 4048141547-2)
- Enter the primary number, then select the "List secondary mailboxes" menu item. You will be prompted to enter the PIN for the primary mailbox, then your secondary mailboxes will be listed. Select the secondary mailbox you wish to use. The sub or extension number will then be filled in for you.
Check the box if you want your login information remembered on your BlackBerry.
For your security, there is a limit to the number of login attempts allowed. If the limit is exceeded, access to your account through the BlackBerry app and through the Web will be locked temporarily. You still will have access to your mailbox from your phone. Your mailbox will be unlocked automatically after a period of time.
Viewing Your Message Inbox
When new messages arrive in your inbox the application icon will change as shown below. Depending on the sound profile settings on your smartphone your phone may also beep or vibrate, or the LED may flash. Note: the notification settings you have set for your account are separate from this notification you receive on your BlackBerry.
Your inbox will show voice messages and fax messages (if available) in the order received. New messages are displayed in bold as soon as they arrive in your inbox.
When you have requested confirmations for message delivery or message read, your inbox will show these confirmation messages. You will also receive messages when you have missed any reminders you requested.
You can view the following message information for each message:
- Date and time message received
- Sender information
- Urgent indication , if present
- Private indication , if present
- Message duration for voicemail messages
- Number of pages for fax messages
- A wireless icon if the message was sent to one of your wireless lines
When you select a message, you can use the menu to perform several actions:
- Call the message sender
- Send the sender a text message (SMS the sender)
- Mark the message as unheard
- Add the sender to your stored contacts
- Delete the message
- View deleted messages (if your mailbox saves deleted messages for a period before permanently deleting them, then this option shows all the deleted messages in a message list view)
When your mailbox is approaching capacity, a pop-up will alert you that the mailbox is nearly full or full.
Listening to Your Messages
To listen to a message, select the message listing to open it, and then select the play button . From this screen, you can play, pause, stop, and move forward and backward in the message using the progress bar. You can also listen to the previous or next message in the list.
To play the message using the speaker, do one of the following:
- Press the speaker key on the phone keyboard.
- Press the menu button, select "Redirect audio" and choose from the list of options.
If the message is a fax, then selecting it will cause the fax to download and view.
Changing Your Account Settings
From the application Options screen, you can do the following:
- View and edit your account name(s).
- View your account mailbox number(s).
- Choose whether messages are stored on your SD card (use SD card, default yes).
- Set up your message list so it won't refresh automatically when roaming. The default is always to refresh automatically, whether or not you are roaming.
- Set up the number of voice messages to store on the phone (0, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 - default is 20).
- Request not to receive a confirmation when you delete a message. The default option requires the confirmation.
You can manually check the following:
- Check for application updates manually, without waiting for the automatic notification.
- Refresh your message list manually, without waiting for the automatic refresh.
For additional help with BlackBerry: www.blackberry.com/support
For help with setting up your voice mailbox, residential customers please
send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Corporate customers please send an email
to email@example.com. In either case, please include:
- Your phone number associated with your mailbox
- The device you're using to access the app
- The reason for your inquiry